float

the original kStyle blog.

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Hug Your Mother

The very idea of giving birth freaks me out, and that's just the beginning of motherhood. I salute all the mothers out there. I thank Mamma Earth. Mamma Katz. Momma Rose.

Yes, Mother's Day is rather contrived and Hallmarky, not a real holiday so much as a way to boost card and gift sales in a slow season. It's a good day nonetheless, a moment to give pause and remember where we came from. Our mothers have done the best they could to nourish us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I was one of the lucky ones, who got a mom very capable of nourishment. Some people weren't so lucky, but I think that mothers are humans attempting superhuman tasks, and they do the best they can, whatever that may be. So thanks, Mom and all moms. We...Well, we wouldn't be here without you. Put your feet up and let us nourish you for a day--as best we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home