float

the original kStyle blog.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

As the weekend is nearing, I am acceding to Karen's request that I recommend a movie for her readers. As such I will tell you this, and I apologize for not displaying quite the level of sophistication Karen may have expected of me:

Three times during "Mean Girls," I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants.

(I'm no Ebert, but alas I will have to do.)

In all seriousness, though, this film, written by Tina Fey and directed by Mark Waters, is a smart and knowing and surprisingly moving comedy about the peculiarities of teenage cruelty. It's a fine movie through and through. And I hadn't nearly peed my pants at a movie in about six years.

See "Mean Girls." Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home