float

the original kStyle blog.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Few Reasons It's Good To Be Home

  • My own schedule
  • Our own bed
  • Shower filter
  • Real soap
  • Conditioner
  • Eating regular food prepared at home
    • Including fresh fruits and vegetables
    • Tomorrow I will eat
      • Breakfast: blueberry smoothie, oatmeal, Earl Grey tea
      • Lunch: salami and provolone sandwich, tomato and basil salad
      • Snack: donut peach and pluot
        • No, I'm not sure what a pluot is or how it tastes, but I always have to try the new fruit at the market, to the distress of the cashier. Later this week I will try a velvet apricot, which is purple, unlike most apricots, which are apricot.
      • Dinner: cannellini beans with Swiss chard and a poached egg, according to a recipe from our new Lidia cookbook
  • Guaranteed tea when I want it
  • Two cats
    • Rather than seven
    • And they're ours
  • No dogs
    • I really don't enjoy dogs very much
  • Shiatsu practice in a period of growth
  • Lots of windows letting light in
  • Bright colors on the walls
  • Bloomfield: What's The Point

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

I think you left out "...opportunity to outline one's every thought in the most obsessive-compulsive way."

2:30 AM  
Blogger kStyle said...

C'mon now, we actually had a very stressful week away, what with a medical emergency complicating a close relative's wedding. Oh yes, it was the close relative, aka the groom, who had the emergency hospitalization. It was the kind of semi-traumatic week where you come home and go, Soap, soap I love you--and you, cats--and you, bedspread--and you, curtains...

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home