float

the original kStyle blog.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Funny, Not So Funny

Funny: Alec Baldwin in 30 Rock. All he has to do is walk on screen and I'm laughing--what a talent! That Golden Globe was completely deserved, even though the other contenders (the guy who plays Earl, Steve Carrell for The Office) are also funny. Mr. Baldwin is hilarious as Jack Donaghy, making 30 Rock my favorite TV watching this season. Of course, the rest of the cast is also brilliant, and the writing, clever and whimsical. (Second favorite viewing: Monday night's back-to-back How I Met Your Mother and The Class on CBS. The Class is a little hokier than the others, but it exudes a certain charm.)

Not So Funny: I confess I was disappointed in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, which we finally just rented. It didn't make me laugh much, which was sort of the point. Nonetheless--

Funny: Sacha Baron Cohen as Jean Girard in Talladega Nights. Dear god, so funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home