float

the original kStyle blog.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gar! Converted!

So I'm sitting here at G's desk in our office, wrangling with audio files in an attempt to create a CD to play at the wedding when the band's on break. (Besides which, a jazz quartet won't be able to play necessities such as Earth, Wind, and Fire, the B52s, or Jamiroquai.) One of the music programs won't let me preview the CD or import Barry White; the other won't let me import Earth, Wind, and Fire. Neither program will let me open anything in a new window.

You know what? I've become a Mac person! Just now! I join the fanatical Jobs-worshipping masses. I wash my hands of PCs. You are dead to me.

Addendum: I just called G., who talked me off the ledge. He said, "Why are you copying Barry White from MediaJukebox?"

I said, "Because that's where it IS."

He said, "Why don't you copy it directly from the hard drive?"

I said, "Where IS the hard drive?"

He said, incredulously, "You don't know where the hard drive is?"

I screeched, "I'm used to MACS!"

He said, "You used PCs until a couple years ago."

I screeched, "I'm used to hitting command-K and getting whatever I need! And why can't I open ANYTHING in a new WINDOW?"

He said, "What's command-K?"

I said, victoriously, "See? You couldn't use a Mac!"

He said, "You can open a new window by hitting shift as you click on it. Don't break my computer."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You guys already need counseling.

11:14 AM  
Blogger kStyle said...

Larry: Thanks, that's encouraging.

Ann: Thanks! Nice to be here. Right now I've ditched the other music programs, and I'm making the CD using iTunes on a PC. That says something.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home