float

the original kStyle blog.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Wednesday Writing Assignment

We chat a lot, here on this little site, about our minds. Beneath our banter, however, are bodies sitting at keyboards type-type-typing away. Our bodies often do things that make us realize that Yes, we are animals. Let's pay tribute to our animal sides today: that part that wants to curl up in a dark, safe habitat (like a bed) or howl at the moon. We get cranky and hungry, tired and unfocused, fed and rested and content. When have you felt that animal part? Was it liberating? Scary? Annoying?

St. Francis of Assissi, I've heard, was known to self-flagellate to punish the ass of the body.

I shall now complete my own assignment:

I can be a little moody. Sometimes irritable and restless, sure, but often lethargic and depressive, too. I was in a STATE after we moved: tired, helpless-feeling, ick. Then...I joined a gym. I exercised again for the first time in two weeks and all the clouds lifted. I was reborn! A born-again Exerciser! It came into clear relief that my bad moods are largely a result of needing exercise. It's so simple, so obvious, but my over-intellectualizing brain wouldn't let me see it. I've been going to the gym faithfully since I joined a week and a half ago, and I am a happy gal. I can feel the decline, though, if it's been even a day too long. Tonight my inner SheWolf is ready to punch someone. Anyone. It doesn't matter whom.

Get me to an aerobics class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home