float

the original kStyle blog.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Wednesday Writing Assignment

Ring...Ring...Hello, this isn't working for you. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Click.

Ever had a wake-up call? Did it wake you up?

I had one just this weekend. My period plus lots of stress made me a little crazy. I was out of pads. Completely out. I went to the local drugstore, frantic from hormones and heavy bleeding. The cashier.....was............sllllllllllooooooooooow. I suspect his slowness at that moment in time stemmed from general mental slowness. There I was, a crazed, twitchy women with a giant box of pads. Gi-ant box.
"How are you today?" he asked slowly with no real affect. How did he think the crazy menstruating woman would be?
"fine." (Clipped, no smile.)
"Do you have an extra care card?" (UnbeLIEVably slowly.)
"notwithme."
"But...you have one?"
"yes."
"Would you like to use it? I can punch in the number."
"nothanks." (Through clenched teeth. I'm about to start a variation on the pee pee dance from sheer discomfort of my soggy pad.)
"Are you sure you don't want"
"LOOK I'M IN A HURRY. I'M BUYING MAXI PADS BECAUSE I NEED THEM NOW!!!"
"So you don't want me to punch in the number? I can punch in the number."
"No. Thank. You."

So, yeah, I lost it a little on the cashier. I had an appointment to receive Shiatsu shortly after this encounter. When I relayed the story, my Shiatsu therapist gently suggested that there are some excellent sedative herbs that I might find helpful during my period.

Ring...Ring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home