float

the original kStyle blog.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Senator Kerry, I Salute You

Presidential hopeful John Kerry refused to cross a patrolman picket line to attend the U. S. Conference of Mayors. "I don't cross picket lines. I never have." Pundits are being pundits about the whole thing, snarkily questioning why Kerry needs to bow down before labor and criticizing him for his self-serving motivations.

I ask these pundits: would you rather he crossed it?

I would have serious reservations about voting for a man who crossed a picket line. And I am proud that Kerry, in his simple act of respect for labor, has also earned the respect of Boston police, such that they've promised not to picket during the DNC.

Not everything a politician does is evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home