float

the original kStyle blog.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Life Is Too Crowded

Here's what it's like. I work very hard at a tiring, demanding job (that I don't particularly like in the first place) Monday through Friday. On Saturday, I run all over Blue State doing wedding errands. On Sunday, I treat shiatsu clients and often do more wedding stuff. Let's look more closely at this week.

Sunday: Treat shiatsu client. Run to a place an hour away to spend the whole afternoon looking for suits for the men in the wedding. All this on one fewer hour of sleep.

Monday: Work sucks. Come home, do 2 loads of laundry. Make dinner.

Tuesday: Work sucks. Come home, give the condo an overdue scrubbing (it was approaching uninhabitable) and do another load of laundry. Make dinner. Work on wedding registry, which is actually kind of fun.

Wednesday: Work sucks. Go to yoga class. Come home exhausted, watch Top Model.

Thursday: Work really, really, really sucks, such that I almost start crying while there. Come home exhausted, but planning to go to a new local spa's open house as a shiatsu practice-building measure. Break out into exhausted tears, and blubber all night instead of going to open house. Attempt to calm myself doing my favorite yoga DVD, but find it doesn't help. Turn it off after 20 minutes.

Friday: Work sucks a little less. Go for acupuncture after work. Come home more relaxed but nauseated because I'm over-hungry. G drags me out for meal. I recover a little.

Saturday: Get up early and drive Far Away to meet with potential officiant. Meeting goes well. We grab lunch out, stop by G's mom's house and take a nap. Drive the two hours back home. Once home, I am good for nothing. I sit on my butt for the whole night.

Today, Sunday: I'll teach my morning qigong, and then I have 3 shiatsu clients today. No rest for the weary.

When did life stop being fun?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When did life stop being fun?"

Wow, good question. I believe it's supposed to be fun. I want to be with people who seem to be truly having fun, so there must be something to it. Out in the world, though, things can be kind of crappy, and if you get to thinkin' about it, you can't have fun.

I tried massive doses of alcohol and recreational drugs, and that works, but has some unpleasant side effects - loss of memory, car wrecks, hangovers, jail...

A guru told me "If you want to be happy, be happy." Seems simple. Haven't got there yet.

7:02 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

Oh, Larry, aren't we sad. Let's make a pact that we shall both find something fun within the next month and then tell each other what it is.

Meditation helps, unless you're too exhausted to meditate, as I have been.

7:51 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

PS perhaps the solution is more time with kittens.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home