float

the original kStyle blog.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

A Tail of Two Kitties

(Sorry…couldn’t resist.)

The kitten. Is. Cute. She’s skinny as can be, with huge ears and long legs and a long, skinny tail. She’s clumsy and attacks everything. But her greatest aspiration in life is to cuddle.

She’s loud. We leave her little black-and-white self in the bedroom alone, and her Siamese mother comes out in her voice. She meows, cries, and yodels. She tries to escape her confinement at every chance. Noah lurks outside her door, she tries to run out, and they meet: nose to nose. They sniff tentatively, kitten looks like she’s ready to Play! with Noah, Noah stares, then hisses, and then whines to us. This all happens within the seconds it takes one of the humans to scoop up kitten and return her to her chamber.

She enjoys, it seems, keeping us awake at night. She cried and cried when I went to bed, until I picked her up and let her on it, sternly admonishing her to lie down and go to sleep. Alas, walking on my face, purring, and licking the inside of my nose are much more fun. I put her back down. She cried. I ignored it. She figured out how to leap onto the bed.

Greg came to bed. She spent a good half hour walking over and between both of us, stopping to knead here and there. Finally I fell asleep. I awoke later, hot. Why was I hot? Kitten was sleeping on my neck, tucked under my chin. It was repulsively cute and quite uncomfortable.

She doesn’t take much interest in food, preferring instead trying to escape to explore the whole condo, cuddling, climbing everything, and playing with toys. We wish she would eat--skinny thing looks like a refugee, which I suppose she is, in a way.

Noah is coping. He looks downright huge compared to this tiny girl. We’re lavishing him with attention, toys, brushing, and praise. He’s a handsome, distinctive cat, as well as an honors student, anyone will tell you.

Names in the running:
Princess Spidermonkey (She’s loud and spider-like….and monkey-like…making her spidermonkey-like.)
Luna (As in, -tic?)
Tinkerbell
Charlotte (after the spider)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home