float

the original kStyle blog.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Becoming a Transformer, Part 2

My transformer skills have been under severe trial this last week. I was surrounded by personal crises: one friend was having PTSD; another was reprimanded at work; a third, her husband asked her for a separation last weekend; and yet another had to put her beloved cat down. On top of all this, I was exhausted and my dear husband, simply grouchy.

It was a lot. I had to take several 'sanity breaks', eating lunch alone and meditating, or taking long walks by myself. I was certainly not 100% successful in Not Absorbing, but that amount of Crisis weighs a person down. It's a practice, not an end. I wasn't as patient with G as I want to be; but it was hard. I was fielding personal crises all day, and he was grouchy without apparent cause. And he should be Numero Uno, the one who gets more mental energy, but last week, his stress just didn't stack up to what was going on elsewhere. I feel torn about that.

But now I'm better, he's better. The friend with PTSD came to my practice for treatment, and I'm delighted to report it helped her a lot.

The funniest thing is that a couple of the Women in Crisis told me they are seeing psychotherapists, like it was a big secret, something odd or shameful. I wanted to say, but didn't, Yeah, so is every-other person in this damn building. Does anyone here seem particularly happy to you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Narya said...

Oy.

That's a lot.

I always vacillated on who/what was numero uno as well, not least because Chuck required a fair amount of tending. Always a tough call, though, and it sounds like you had a LOT of demands on your energy this week--good on you for taking care of yourself first, the better to share with others.

8:23 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

Thanks, Narya. It was a tiring week! May this week be calmer.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home