float

the original kStyle blog.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Tell Me

What is the secret of free time? Some people seem to swim through a sea of free time every day, judging by the tales they tell, and often these people are working and raising kids. I have a hard time believing that raising kids affords one more free time than going to school part-time. Maybe it depends on the age of the children? Maybe some people don't require much down time? Maybe they subsist on convenience foods and never floss?

And it's not as if I don't budget my time well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you're on to something with the convenience foods, I suspect; one of my standard rants is about how Nobody Cooks From Scratch Anymore Except Me. Another factor may be transportation: I spend at least an hour a day in transit of some kind, and that's at a minimum; it's usually (on handball days) more like 2-3 hours. My significant other spends a minimum of two hours/day in his car, and often 3-4 hours, depending on traffic and whether he's picking up the kid, and so on. Even if you don't live in Trafficland, if you have a more broken-up day--go here, then there, then there, then back here--more of your day gets eaten up by actually doing the going. I can take public transportation and therefore get a lot of reading done that someone who has to drive simply cannot.

carla

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home