float

the original kStyle blog.

Monday, August 02, 2004

The Whole Tooth

I have a sweet tooth. I first heard about my sweet tooth as a young child, when I heard my mom discussing it with our pediatrician, the venerable Dr. Allen. I was worried to death. Visions of tooth surgery, teeth falling out, tooth disease creeping back through my gums and into my organs, assailed me until I was alone with my mother again and could ask, quaking, what this horrible afflication was, exactly. It turned out a sweet tooth amounted only to an affinity for sweets.

Only!

Sweets are my crutch, my dependency, my first true love. I work out, yes, but to burn the calories to allow more chocolate, more caramel popcorn with nuts, more cake and cookies and jam, and remain at stasis. Stasis, yes, is a little overweight. Vegetables and protein act as sweet buffers, as palate cleansers between treats. Cursed sweet tooth! Why do you torment me so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home