float

the original kStyle blog.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Another Visit

I'll be going to visit Artemis again today. It's interesting, this coma thing. In movies, they show people in comas just lying flat, make-up done, not moving. In real life, a coma looks different. My friend looks like she's in a fitful nap: rapid eye movement; her fingers and feet twitch; she sighs a lot. I like to think she's sighing with impatience at her coma.

It's the first time I've ever seem Artemis without her hair done. We might have to lie about that on the off chance that she wakes up: Oh no, your hair looked gorgeous the whole time. We don't know how you do it. Sadly, it turns out that muscles contract in a coma--I don't know why--so her arms and shoulders are stiff and immobile. I did a little Shiatsu on Artemis, hoping it wasn't illegal to practice on a coma patient without my lisence, and she seemed to respond. She let out a deep siiiiggggggggggghhhhhh when I touched one tsubo on her hand as I worked my way down the meridian. I went back to that point, and sure enough, she siiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home