float

the original kStyle blog.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lawd, I'm Tired

I'm really...done. I'm just done. At least, I want to be done. It's been over two years now of working full-time (plus) and going to school part-time. I once greeted each class with youthful vigor and enthusiasm, but now it's more like fatigue and mild irritation.

The school director is giving me a rather difficult time about missing 2 clinic sessions for the first full-week getaway vacation I've had since starting school. In her words--I couldn't believe--"We can't just say [to clients], 'sorry, all the students are at the beach.'" That made me mad.

A small comfort: I spoke to a student even closer to graduation than I, and it's clear that lots of people are worn out. (Currently, he's being chastised for not having enough "elective credits." I wasn't aware there was a quota. Hope I have enough...) He reminded me that it will all be worth it when we've completed to program.

I sure hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma Goldman said...

One of the MAJOR reasons for choosing the pastry chef program I chose is that it's six months. It's true that it will be six months of heck--class from 6 am-noon, five days/week, which means getting up at 4:30 am EVERY DAY, followed by a half-day of work, followed by yoga or handball, and then woo-hoo! do it again tomorrow!--but it's only six months. I've had so much schooling I don't know that I could stand more than that.

3:50 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

That was smart, Emma.

Getting up at 4:30? I don't know if I physically could.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Emma Goldman said...

I've started doing it (about two weeks ago) to reset the body clock. School doesn't start for another month, but I figured I'd reduce the agony by resetting now. It's less painful this week than it was last week--and I actually get things done! This morning: doing the calligraphy for the name cards (we're using the leftover scraps from the invites to make the name cards). For those of you who care, here's what the invites looked like. We printed out the text, but I did the calligraphy on the envelopes.

9:30 AM  
Blogger kStyle said...

Pretty pretty invites! Good for you, getting used to the new sleep cycle. That takes a lot of discipline!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home